[debian-non-standard] connection problems to wl500gP

Tomasz Orłowski T.Orlowski at wsisiz.edu.pl
Thu Jan 17 12:46:45 CET 2008

Hi

Has someone tried to compile any fresh OpenWRT revision to make it work
with Debian?

I've tried this 6850 build from Wpkg. It boots nice, I don't have any
"bus errors" or "segmentation faults", but very often I just can't
connect to the box.
When I'm looking at logs, I see that sometimes link is not discovered
and then those lines showed below don't appear in logs:

Jan 17 11:58:59 asus-debian kernel: b44: eth0: Link is up at 100 Mbps,
full duplex.
Jan 17 11:58:59 asus-debian kernel: b44: eth0: Flow control is off for
TX and off for RX.

Because of this, Sometimes I have to restart my asus more than 10 times
in a row to have it pingable and reachable via ssh :o/
Has any had similar issue?

I've tried to compile 9285 (https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/9285) but
it doesn't boot. Maybe I've set something wrong in the kernel config,
but I was trying to use same .config setting like within this one
published on wpkg site.
Now I'm trying to build 9442 as its recommended in long thread about seg
faults ( https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/2035 )

Does someone have any thoughts?
I will be thankful for any answers.

Thanks