[debian-non-standard] PPPoE on Asus WL-500gP with debian on board [solved problem]

Przemyslaw Baran przemyslaw.baran at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 10:35:07 CET 2008

For Tomasz Chmielewski

I was successfully run my asus wl-500Gp with pppoe via wan port.

Configuration on your site is correctly but is not exhaustively.

When we use this configuration

robocfg switch disable
robocfg vlans enable reset
robocfg vlan 0 ports "0 1 2 3 4 5u"
robocfg switch enable

we have only 5 ports switch.

When we need router with 4 ports switch and 1 wan port. We should config
robo switch like that:

robocfg switch disable
robocfg vlans enable reset
robocfg vlan 0 ports "0 5u"
robocfg vlan 1 ports "1 2 3 4 5t"
robocfg switch enable

and next add new lan interface

vconfig add eth0 1

Witch this configuration we have 3 interfaces

eth0 it is correct wan interface. They listen on WAN  port.
eth0.1 it is correct lan interface. The listen on 4 lan ports.
eth1 probably it is only virtual interface but I'm not sure.

On my asus wl-500Gp this configuration works fine.

Small documentation of robocfg is placed hare
http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtRoboCfg
I don't know we we use "1 2 3 4 5t" with 5t not 5u but they is working
only with 5t.
Probably 5t is eth1 on debian.

Please add this information on your site.
If you want I can rent you my usb modem thomson speedtouch 330.

Thanks for help and suggestions.