[debian-non-standard] debian on fsg - cannot connect to device after flashing though usb stick is blinking at boot

hathe at sidux.com hathe at sidux.com
Mon Mar 3 02:15:45 CET 2008

Hi there,
I'm sorry, I posted the following on the discussion page of
http://wpkg.org/Running_Debian_on_Freecom_FSG-3 as well, I found that mailing
list right after posting.
So:
After flashing I cannot reach the device anymore. Though USB stick is blinking
while booting...is this entry in my local sources.list correct?

 iface lan0 inet static
       address 192.168.111.187
       broadcast 192.168.111.191
       netmask 255.255.255.192
       network 192.168.111.128

Should i put the LAN cable to WAN port or one of the three LAN ports?

Is it be possible to change /etc/network/interfaces on the stick to dhcp? Or
why using such a 'uncommon' subnet?

I don't have a local serial port anymore, I use a USB-Serial adapter, is it
possible to connect two of those to establish a serial link? (would be
FSG-USB->usb-serial adapter->usb-serial adapter->local usb port)

Thanks a lot!
Florian