[debian-non-standard] connection problems to wl500gP

Tomasz Orłowski T.Orlowski at wsisiz.edu.pl
Thu Jan 17 14:31:31 CET 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski napisał(a):
> Did you *replace* the cables, switches etc.? Maybe somethings hosed and
> doesn't work well with your asus for some reason.

At first I was a little bit sceptic when you and Przemyslaw suggested
network issues like negotiation problems or bad switch.
It's true... I have shitty Surecom but I use my switch/cables for years
with many machines and never had similar problems with Linux and Win OSes.
But you might be right. I've taken an old hub (unfortunatlelly I havent
got other switch at home) and after 7 reboots both interfaces (internal
and newly compiled by me external USB) works!
I hope it's not accident :)

I've looked into many forums and revision changlogs and no one had a
problem similar to mine. So it definitely must be network issue not
firmware.

Thanks guys!