[debian-non-standard] connection problems to wl500gP

Russel rusabus at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 18 03:39:45 CET 2008

> Russel napisal(a):
> >

> > According to robocfg, Port 1 is linking at only 10 mbps
> half duplex. I
> > looked at your previous posts, but didn't see the speed of
> your other
> > network switch/hub. (Your Asus is connected to another
> switch, right?)
> > My bet is that you have a bad cable between your other
> switch and the
> > Asus. If your other hub/switch is only 10mbps, then the link speed
> > should be 10mbps only (and maybe just half duplex), but if it is
> > 100mbps, then this should definitely be 100mbps.
> >
> Thanks Russel. This 10mitb halfduplex link is ok.  As I said
> earlier, I've found old hub and replaced my switch to be sure
> that everything on network side is correct.
> I don't use homemade cables so I'm sure they got correct pair order.
>
> I don't have luck, you have vlans disabled too.

I see with the hub. It makes sense to have 10mb HD.

I somewhat doubt that you have a software problem. If I understand
correctly, the switch configuration persists across reboots, and does not
have to be reconfigured during boot up. I.E. once it is configured, unless
something changes, it will always work.

While I currently have VLANs disabled, I have had them working in the past
with as many as 4 different VLANs. I have even had VLANs that spanned
multiple switches with multiple trunked ports. It has all worked for me
(TM).

BTW, I'm using a WL500gD, not gP (sorry for missing that earlier).

Can you post the output of ifconfig -a just for kicks?

--Russel Riley

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
4:59 PM