[debian-non-standard] segmentation faults and bus errors - abandoned all hope

Tomasz Orłowski t.orlowski at wsisiz.edu.pl
Mon Feb 25 23:51:18 CET 2008

Tomasz Orłowski napisał(a):
> no risk no fun :)
> So I'm beginning..... :)
>
> Thanks mate.

Shit, and I've bricked my box :'(
It was so close to success :'(
When I've compared our nvram settings there were only 3 differences:

hardware_version=WL500gp-01-02-00-00
hardware_version=WL500gH-01-00-00-00

pmon_ver=CFE 3.91.23.0
pmon_ver=CFE 3.91.7.0

sdram_ncdl=0x10309
sdram_ncdl=0x10407

So off course I was trying to play with sdram_ncdl
I set it first to 0x10407 as you have - without results
Then to 0 as its recommended in many posts - without results
I became nervous and changed sdram_init from 0x0009 to 0x000b as it was
recommended in many posts too
And it helped! No segmentation faults and bus errors after this trick
but memory had been reduced to 16 MB

I 've became really mad and started desperate tricks from
http://wl500g.dyndns.org/sdram.html
and finaly sdram_init=0x000a killed my box

Now I don't see anything from serial console :'( Typical result of being
greedy and stupid. It was so close......

RIP