[debian-non-standard] segmentation faults and bus errors - abandoned all hope

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Wed Feb 27 20:18:11 CET 2008

Am Sonntag 24 Februar 2008 schrieb Tomasz Chmielewski:
> Tomasz Orłowski schrieb:
> > Refering to my previous mail.......
> >
> > I've found only one old post with problems similar to mine, and I see
> > that you Tomasz posted something in this thread too.
> > Please take a look what "astudent" wrote here -->
> > http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=6339&highlight=segmentation
> >
> > He suggested problems with memory. I don't know how to obtain values
> > showed by nvram in Debian, so I quickly flashed my 500gP with old
> > Whiterussian, and did this:
> >
> > root at OpenWrt:/# nvram show|grep -i ram
> > os_ram_addr=80001000
> > sdram_config=0x0062
> > sdram_refresh=0x0000
> > sdram_ncdl=0x10309
> > wl_frameburst=0
> > sdram_init=0x0009
> > dl_ram_addr=a0001000
> > size: 8752 bytes (24016 left)
>
> I attached nvram settings in my previous post.
> Here, the values containing "ram" from a WL-500gP running Debian:
>
> $ grep ram /tmp/mtd3.strings
> os_ram_addr=80001000
> sdram_config=0x0062
> sdram_refresh=0x0000
> sdram_ncdl=0x10407
> wl_frameburst=0
> sdram_init=0x0009
> dl_ram_addr=a0001000

In case its interesting, its slightly different here. I have a different
value in sdram_ncdl, all the other variables seem to have the same
contents. Hmm, and I have wl_frameburst=off whatever that means.

gayatri:~# grep -i ram /tmp/mtd3.strings
os_ram_addr=80001000
wl0_frameburst=0
sdram_config=0x0062
sdram_refresh=0x0000