[debian-non-standard] information regarding /var/log

ffw.s at gmx.de ffw.s at gmx.de
Mon Mar 10 21:41:38 CET 2008

On Monday 10 March 2008 21:21:47 Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> ffw.s at gmx.de schrieb:
> > I set -c0 and -i0, output of fdisk is:
> >
> > Disk /dev/sdb: 2048 MB, 2048901120 bytes
> > 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 249 cylinders
> > Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
> > Disk identifier: 0x3057b56f
> >
> >    Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
> > /dev/sdb1               1          65      522081   82  Linux swap /
> > Solaris /dev/sdb2   *          66         249     1477980   83  Linux
> >
> > So I think I did everything correct?
> > Don't know why it does not boot (I think it does not boot as no log file
> > is altered...)
>
> Does the USB stick blink at all after you power on your FSG-3?

Yes, the stick blinks, but only for <30sec, then no action at all.
Although I tried to boot another computer with linux on that stick and that
worked, so booting from that stick is generally possible.

There was one difference here compared to your howto regarding the kernel
flash:
It was 2173+1 records in and out, not 2143+1 as mentioned in your howto.

I tried to flash from firmware version 4.3.8 BETA, interesting point is that
harddisk devices are still named hdaX and not sdaX.