[debian-non-standard] information regarding /var/log

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Mar 10 22:08:37 CET 2008

ffw.s at gmx.de schrieb:

(...)

>>> I tried to flash from firmware version 4.3.8 BETA, interesting point is
>>> that harddisk devices are still named hdaX and not sdaX.
>> If it blinks, it means it reads.
>>
>> Try adding some startup scripts which would help you diagnose the
>> problem (network configuration etc, save it to a file).
>
> But if it would boot, something should be written to /var/log or not? No file
> is changed there.

It *should*, but there can be lots of reasons why it didn't.
Something doesn't work properly - that's why I suggested adding a
startup script to help diagnose the problem (the earlier in the startup
sequence, the better).

If it blinks for ~30 seconds as you said, it almost certainly boots.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org