[debian-non-standard] debian installed on wl500w

Y Koot d0lphs at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 18 10:08:56 CEST 2008

Hi, as I am trying to update http://wpkg.org/Running_Debian_on_ASUS_WL-500W as much as possible I managed via already known information to put Debian on the WL500W as described there. My goal is to have the wireless part working, USB2 so I can enable usb2serial, ftdi, pl2303, printers, webcams, etc and it would be nice to have a web front end so the router can be reached via http.

  Yet I am confused about how things go, I would be very happy if one can guide me thru the wireless part, also why selecting just the base-files from base system while I can think of needing bridge, busybox, dnsmasq, dropbear, hotplug, iptables, libgcc, mtd.
  Same counts for networking part (eg. wpa supplicant, etc), libraries, kernel modules and utilities.

  Are all these settings captured when you run "make ARCH=mips oldconfig"?