[debian-non-standard] USB-Stick not active after flashing

Luci Stanescu luci at cnix.ro
Wed Jun 25 20:19:05 CEST 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> 1. Power off the device, press the reset button, power on the device,
> release the reset button
> 2. On of the LEDs should blink
> 3. The device will have the address 192.168.1.1 - can you ping it?
> Obviously, you need an address in the same network if your computer is
> connected directly with a cable (IP like 192.168.1.2)
> 4. If you can ping it, you should be able to upload the firmware. I use:

On my Asus WL500G Premium I've had a little bit of problem with this.
First, the power led blinks slowly even if I release the reset button
immediately. That won't work though. I have to keep it a few seconds
(5-10 would do). Then, it seems this just doesn't work every time :-). I
always did succeed on my second try though. I flashed it at least 20
times until I got myself a 2.4 kernel running with debian. Works
perfectly now, wireless too (well, a few minor issues, but only if I'm
not careful ;-) ).

--
Luci Stanescu