[iodine-users] Unable to Connect - Can't Login to Server

Victor Hooi victorhooi at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 16:27:02 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to setup iodine between an Amazon EC2 server in their cloud, and
my home PC.

We have a single EC2 server, which we're already using as a webserver.
There's nothing running on port 53, and I've opened up the firewall to both
TCP and UDP on port 53.

For the DNS records, I'm using EveryDNS (http://www.everydns.com/).

We have an A record, *somesite.mydomain.com* which points to the IP address
of our server.

We also have *tunnel.mydomain.com*, record type "NS", and pointing to
somesite.mydomain.com.

I assume those are all the records you need? (I only specifically created
the second one for Iodine).

On the server, I've run:

sudo iodined -DD -fP test 10.0.0.1 tunnel.mydomain.com

Debug level 2 enabled, will stay in foreground.
Add more -D switches to set higher debug level.
Opened dns0
Setting IP of dns0 to 10.0.0.1
Setting MTU of dns0 to 1200
Opened UDP socket
Listening to dns for domain tunnel.mydomain.com

On the client end, I run:

sudo iodine -fP test xx.xx.xx.xx tunnel.victorhooi.com
:
Opened dns0
Opened UDP socket
Version ok, both using protocol v 0x00000500. You are user #0
Retrying login...
Retrying login...
Retrying login...
Retrying login...
Retrying login...
iodine: couldn't login to server

I'm not sure why it gives me that error?

I also tried the testing page (http://code.kryo.se/iodine/check-it/), and I
get:

Analyzing DNS setup for tunnel domain 'tunnel.mydomain.com'... (might take
some time)

Looking for nameserver for mydomain.com.. got ns4.everydns.net (at
208.76.60.100).
Resolving delegation of tunnel.mydomain.com at 208.76.60.100... to
somesite.victorhooi.com (at xx.xx.xx.xx).

Expecting iodined to be accessible at xx.xx.xx.xx... no reply.

Error: Make sure iodined is running and the firewall accepts UDP port 53.
Also check any port forwards in use.

Am I doing something wrong in my setup?

Cheers,
Victor