[iodine-users] Unable to Connect - Can't Login to Server

Victor Hooi victorhooi at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 03:31:27 CEST 2010

heya,

Hmm, well, I've noticed I can connect to it from a DMZ box.

I suspect it's something to do with my firewall setup. May have to ask our
nets guys.

Is it normal to have DNS delegation blocked?

I tried the troubleshooting command from the wiki (
http://dev.kryo.se/iodine/wiki/HowtoSetup), and the last part doesn't seem
to be able to query the remote server. I.e.:

dig @ns1.everydns.net -t NS tunnel.mydomain.com

; <<>> DiG 9.7.0-P1 <<>> @ns1.everydns.net -t NS tunnelmydomain.com
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd

What could this mean? I read about something called "split DNS" Ty Miller's
paper at BlackHat 08 (
http://www.blackhat.com/presentations/bh-usa-08/Miller/BH_US_08_Ty_Miller_Reverse_DNS_Tunneling_Shellcode.pdf),
could that be what is happening here? Any way to find out definitively?

Cheers,
Victor