[iodine-users] Server Issues

Chris Parker cockneyparker at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 16 17:38:14 CET 2011

All,

Having claimed that I have got Iodine working, further work and testing has
in fact proven that I have not. I have a domain forwarding correct and the
iodine test states that everything is working perfectly. I have previously
asked about routing problems which I have since been able to solve (I
think) on the mac, adding the default gateway details and some other
tinkering and can now send requests out through the tunnel to the server.

The issue I now have though is that no responses seem to come back. If I
run wireshark on the tun0 device I can see the destination of 10.0.0.2 and
the recipient IPs which resolve to the correct locations, but there is
never a response back to 10.0.0.2  Does anyone have any ideas why this may
be? I thought possible ip_forward issue but it appears not, the server is
an ec2 instance which may be blocking but I have ensured the firewall is
wide open and a vpn tunnel via the same server works fine.

Can provide a screenshot of the -D info and also the wireshark capture if
it helps anyone?

Many thanks,
Chris