[iodine-users] Got NXDOMAIN as reply: domain does not exist

Wim Godden wim at godden.net
Thu May 24 09:06:12 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to use Iodine, but I'm running into a problem that I can't
seem to get fixed.
Iodine will connect properly through the DNS server like this :

Server tunnel IP is 192.168.50.1
Testing raw UDP data to the server (skip with -r)
Server is at 194.50.97.14, trying raw login: ....failed
Using EDNS0 extension
Switching upstream to codec Base128
Server switched upstream to codec Base128
No alternative downstream codec available, using default (Raw)
Switching to lazy mode for low-latency
Server switched to lazy mode
Autoprobing max downstream fragment size... (skip with -m fragsize)
768 ok.. ...1152 not ok.. 960 ok.. ...1056 not ok.. ...1008 not ok.. 984
ok.. ..
.996 not ok.. will use 984-2=982
Setting downstream fragment size to max 982...
Connection setup complete, transmitting data.
Windows version does not support detaching

So far, so good. But then trouble begins :
Got NXDOMAIN as reply: domain does not exist
Got NXDOMAIN as reply: domain does not exist
Got NXDOMAIN as reply: domain does not exist
Got NXDOMAIN as reply: domain does not exist
Receiving too few answers. Setting interval to 1 (-I1)
Got NXDOMAIN as reply: domain does not exist
Got NXDOMAIN as reply: domain does not exist
Got NXDOMAIN as reply: domain does not exist
Got NXDOMAIN as reply: domain does not exist
Got NXDOMAIN as reply: domain does not exist
Got NXDOMAIN as reply: domain does not exist
Got NXDOMAIN as reply: domain does not exist
Receiving too few answers. Will try to switch lazy mode off, but that
may not al ways work any more. Start with -L0 next time on this network.
Got NXDOMAIN as reply: domain does not exist
Got NXDOMAIN as reply: domain does not exist
Got NXDOMAIN as reply: domain does not exist
Got NXDOMAIN as reply: domain does not exist
Got NXDOMAIN as reply: domain does not exist
No reply from server on legacy mode switch.

Any ideas what might be causing this ?

Kind regards,

Wim