[sheepdog-users] What is the correct way of restoring sheep cluster.

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 06:10:14 CEST 2012

On 09/13/2012 11:49 AM, Tao Lin wrote:
> �I'm new� to sheepdog, and I deployed a sheepdog cluster with 3 nodes,
> using zookeeper.So far, everything seems work well,I'm now looking for
> the correct way of restoring cluster if a certain node goes down.Is it
> just like starting a new node? e.g. sheep -d /media/store4sheep -c
> zookeeper:192.168.99.1.

Yes, you can simply hot plug in the failed node back by starting sheep
daemon. Nothing else you need to do. Data will be automatically
re-balanced and recovered.

You can easily scale out the cluster by hot plug in more nodes by
starting sheep daemon on the new nodes. You can hot unplug the nodes
safely by collie if you want to shrink the storage.