[sheepdog-users] Automatic disconnection of client during recovery

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 17:29:35 CET 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 05:08:44PM +0100, Valerio Pachera wrote:
> Hi, I was going to check if my testing cluster was going to have problems
> adding a node with a single nic (and the other using 2).
> I've been upgrading to latest sheepdog version: 0.7.0_197_g9f718d2.

I think it is risky to run sheepdog with heterogeneous NIC setup since when I
wrote the dual NIC support I didn't take account in this case, though I guess
it is not hard to support it. But for now, we don't look at the issue (yet).

> I removed a node (test006) by dog node kill and waited for the recovery.
>
> When recovery was completed, I was going to re-add the node but I noticed
> that 'dog node info' was showing a single node!

Which node see itself as single node and how about views on others? It seems
this node was split from others.

Thanks