[sheepdog-users] 'vdi check' no majority

Hitoshi Mitake mitake.hitoshi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 09:26:33 CET 2013

At Thu, 19 Dec 2013 17:20:57 +0900,
Hitoshi Mitake wrote:

> At Thu, 19 Dec 2013 15:36:44 +0800,
> Liu Yuan wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 04:33:29PM +0900, Hitoshi Mitake wrote:

> > > In such a case, administrators have to recovery corrupted objects
> > > manually (e.g. juddging a clean object and copy it by scp). "dog vdi
> > > track" is useful for such a case. The command can print which nodes
> > > have the objects on each epoch.
> > >

> > Hitoshi,
> > 	could you write a example in our wiki on how to fix the objects
> > manually in such cases? I guess not everyone is familiar with 'vdi track' command
> > and this is a good time to introduce it by example.
>
> OK, I'll write the description later.

I filed a bug for this documentation lack on our launchpad bug tracker:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/sheepdog-project/+bug/1262540

Valerio, if you have wishlists and bugs, could you file bugs on the
tracker? Mailing list is a suitable place for discussion but not
suitable for managing long-living problems.

Thanks,
Hitoshi