[sheepdog-users] Force cluster to start with a missing node

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 11:52:45 CET 2013

2013/1/12 Liu Yuan <namei.unix at gmail.com>:
> How did you create the vdi? It seems that object cache isn't flushed.
> you can use 'vdi cache flush xxx' to assure vdi is flushed.

I repeated the test.with a fresh formated cluster (3 copies + quorum)
and a single vdi.
No cache option are give to sheep.
The guest is not running.
I stop the cluster and run 3 nodes of 4.
Node 2 doesn't show the vdi.
If iI run I vdi check (once recovery is completed) i get lots of error.

collie vdi check squeeze
fixed missing 80a34c6700000000
fixed missing a34c6700000000
fixed missing a34c6700000066
fixed missing a34c6700000068
fixed missing a34c670000006e
fixed missing a34c6700000074
fixed missing a34c67000000a1
fixed missing a34c67000000e0
fixed missing a34c6700000100
fixed missing a34c6700000180
fixed missing a34c67000001a0
fixed missing a34c67000001e0
fixed missing a34c6700000200
fixed missing a34c6700000204
fixed missing a34c670000020c
fixed missing a34c6700000216
fixed missing a34c6700000217

I try to repat it giving 'cache flush' before shutting down the
cluster, but I don't think it will change.