[sheepdog-users] sync speed

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Tue May 7 16:43:03 CEST 2013

After the crash of today, my cluster is still syncing data.
>From atop command I can see that network and disks I/O activity is not so
intensive:

eth0 is generating 150Mbit/s pf traffic.
But it's a gigabit , so it could go much faster.
Disk is busy 55%.

What do you think about?
Is sheepdog limiting the sync speed to leave I/O for guests?
Does sync have any relation with cache?

NET | eth0     15%  |              |  pcki  124639 | pcko   25187
|              |  si  151 Mbps | so 1414 Kbps  |              |  coll
0 |              |  mlti      60 | erri       0  |              |
erro       0 | drpi       0  |              |  drpo       0 |
NET | eth1      0%  |              |  pcki      26 | pcko       0
|              |  si    3 Kbps | so    0 Kbps  |              |  coll
0 |              |  mlti       0 | erri       0  |              |
erro       0 | drpi       0  |              |  drpo       0 |
NET | br0     ----  |              |  pcki   25969 | pcko   25345
|              |  si  146 Mbps | so 1342 Kbps  |              |  coll
0 |              |  mlti       0 | erri       0  |              |
erro       0 | drpi       0  |              |  drpo       0