[sheepdog-users] plan for Sheepdog 1.0 and new organization

MORITA Kazutaka morita.kazutaka at gmail.com
Wed May 22 05:24:41 CEST 2013

Hi all,

First of all, sorry for not having managed to release Sheepdog as I
announced before.  I thought that I had to release Sheepdog 0.6 as
soon as possible, but currently, Sheepdog becomes relatively stable,
and there are some actual users who use Sheepdog for production.  I
think it is a good time to release Sheepdog 1.0.

There are still something to do for the release.  It would be nice if
someone would help us the following issues especially from a user
perspective:

 - update wiki
 - clean up sheep log outputs (check log level and contents, do spell
   check, and so on)
 - update man (collie.8 and sheep.8)
 - modify /etc/init.d/sheepdog so that we can shutdown cluster cleanly
   (adding '/etc/init.d/sheepdog stop-all'?)
 - clean up collie command outputs

I'm planning to release it on May 31, but let me know if someone has
any opinions.

We also plan to announce a new sheepdog organization in near future.
The organization would be more formal and business friendly community,
and I think of moving the current sheepdog homepage
(http://www.osrg.net/sheepdog) to the organization.  We are still in
the middle of discussing it.  If you are interested, please feel free
to contact me or Yuan.

Thanks,

Kazutaka