[sheepdog-users] plan for Sheepdog 1.0 and new organization

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Fri May 24 11:29:47 CEST 2013

Sheepdog does already many things.
For release 1.0 I would focus on heavy testing of the most important futures.
This means that it's ok to me if recovering slow down the cluster or
if guests do not get reconnected after a temporary host disconnection
etc.

Recovering method has recently changed and snapshots too.
Snapshot reliability it's a key future that would save me/us lot's of
trouble with backups.
Correct me if I'm wrong but, because of the latest changes, snapshots
may have to be consider almost like a new future, right?

For example, I would not consider Multi Device a stable future right now.
If 1.0 was going to release tomorrow, I would not include that future.
Luckily we have time to test and fix it.

I think we need a table with the list of futures (see "What is cooking
in master");
a "testing rate / maturity level";
what is mandatory for the release.