[sheepdog-users] plan for Sheepdog 1.0 and new organization

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Fri May 24 12:19:40 CEST 2013

On 05/24/2013 05:29 PM, Valerio Pachera wrote:
> Recovering method has recently changed and snapshots too.
> Snapshot reliability it's a key future that would save me/us lot's of
> trouble with backups.
> Correct me if I'm wrong but, because of the latest changes, snapshots
> may have to be consider almost like a new future, right?

For more information, there are 3 kinds of snapshots that SD supports,
basically in 2 category:

 1 vdi snapshot
   a. snapshot with VM state + disk state (savevm from QEMU monitor)
   b. disk state only (qemu-img snapshot or collie vdi snapshot)

 2 cluster snapshot
   This backup all the read-only objects (as known as snapshot objects)
in the cluster (collie cluster snapshot)

VDI snapshot function has been done and stale to use. Just cluster
snapshot is work in progress.