[sheepdog-users] update 0.8.0

Hitoshi Mitake mitake.hitoshi at lab.ntt.co.jp
Tue Aug 5 07:19:25 CEST 2014

At Mon, 04 Aug 2014 12:53:50 +0400,
Maxim Terletskiy wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have cluster running 0.8.0. I'm going to add some more nodes and I
> want to update sheep at my nodes. So I have two questions:
>
> - What version of sheep choose to update to?

You should use v0.8.2:
https://github.com/sheepdog/sheepdog/releases/tag/v0.8.2

> - Can I install new sheep version on new nodes before updating my old nodes?

Yes, old nodes and new nodes can coexist in single cluster if their
major version numbers are same (e.g. v0.8.0 and v0.8.2 can coexist).

But please be careful that updating from v0.8.0 to v0.8.2 requires -u
option of sheep daemon. You need to add -u when you boot v0.8.2 sheep
once.

Thanks,
Hitoshi