[sheepdog-users] 答复: Re: Re: re: Re: support for share storage

Hitoshi Mitake mitake.hitoshi at lab.ntt.co.jp
Wed Dec 3 11:03:47 CET 2014

At Wed, 3 Dec 2014 16:40:52 +0800,
yang.bin18 at zte.com.cn wrote:

> [1  <multipart/alternative (7bit)>]
> [1.1  <text/plain; US-ASCII (7bit)>]
> >>     In this model,if node1 down,whether can /media/nas/node1 be loaded
> >> within other node online and guest can still access the data in
> >> /media/nas/node1 existed.
>
> >The one you speak about is the standard share storage model.
> >Why don't you save your qcow2/raw files directly in the shared storage?
>        Because we have mutiple nodes to access the same shared storage the
> same time,so we need a clustered filesystem to manage.
> >Or export block devices by iscsi or nbd?
>        We use fiber storage.
> >In other words, that are the benefits of using sheepdog if you already
> >have a shared storage?
>        To implement concurrent access to the share storage from diffrecent
> nodes.

I'm not familiar with GFS2 and OCFS, but I think you can use sheepdog
as their backend with iSCSI feature. IIUC, GFS2 and OCFS use multiple
block devices as their backing store. You can create multiple iSCSI
targets on sheepdog cluster without any special operation (see
https://github.com/sheepdog/sheepdog/wiki/General-protocol-support-(iSCSI-and-NBD)#iscsi),
so you can create file systems on the targets.

I heard that GFS2 + iSCSI is a classical combination. Could you try
it?

Thanks,
Hitoshi