[sheepdog-users] [ANNOUNCE] release candidate for sheepdog 0.8.0

Andrew J. Hobbs ajhobbs at desu.edu
Tue Jan 14 18:45:28 CET 2014

On 01/14/2014 12:03 PM, MORITA Kazutaka wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to announce the release candidate for sheepdog 0.8.0.
>
>    https://github.com/sheepdog/sheepdog/archive/v0.8.0-rc0.tar.gz
>
> Any kind of testing would be highly appreciated.  Sheepdog 0.8.0 is
> planed to be released one week later:
>
>    https://github.com/sheepdog/sheepdog/wiki/Release-schedule
>

> Thanks,
>
> Kazutaka
I recall something about a new hash algorithm that was going to require
a reformat.  Is that still the case with .8 from .7.6, or is there a
migratory path?  Unfortunately we just started the semester here on the
production cluster, so I'll have to wait for a break to upgrade if
there's a major change in the underlying format.