[sheepdog-users] Suggestion about redundance

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 11:35:59 CEST 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 05:12:25PM +0200, Valerio Pachera wrote:
> Hi, I'm going to format a new cluster.
> It has 3 nodes.
> I'm not going to a 4th node very soon.
> Each node has 2 devices.
>
> I was considering to use -c 2:2 because:
> it uses the same space of -c 2;

Actually it uses less space than -c 2, that is 50% more space for redundancy.
But -c 2:2 need at least 4 nodes to generate full parities. If you only have 3
nodes, it means you are generating 1 parity instead of 2 like running cluster
with one node down. Once you add 4th node, the missing parity will be genearted.

Thanks