[sheepdog-users] runtime requirements?

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Thu Mar 13 00:18:33 CET 2014

Hi Folks,

I've long wanted to try sheepdog in a xen cluster - and kept running
into the requirement to run qemu and KVM, which in turn requires
hardware virtualization support - which some of the older machines in
our cluster don't support.

Am I correct in my reading of the documentation for the latest version
of sheepdog that I can run the iSCSI target and access sheepdog block
devices, without qemu or KVM?  Or am I missing something.

Thanks very much,

Miles Fidelman