[sheepdog-users] Question regarding 2 node configurations

Andrew J. Hobbs ajhobbs at desu.edu
Wed Mar 19 21:15:29 CET 2014

DRBD in theory is nice, but I lose being able to do migration (volumes
of virtual machines are only available on the primary node where the
volume is mounted).  I'd originally considered sheepdog, and discarded
it as I only have two nodes for this project.

Seeing that DRBD currently has over 48 hours to finish syncing volumes,
what possible issues can I run into here?  I know dog vdi check won't
have quorum, but anything else?  I'd probably run a single zookeeper
node, maybe 3 if I can run that on one of my other servers...

Part of this is self-preservation, I'm vested in sheepdog, and not sure
I want to deal with learning the care and feeding for a corner case
(DRBD).  I should note this is a new project and the hardware cannot be
used in the current production system.