[sheepdog-users] Sheepdog design architecture

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 08:10:03 CET 2014

> 2) Sheepdog Mutli Disk without using any RAID (just JOBD via RAID
> Controller)
> How reliable is the Sheepdog Multi Disk feature ?

I would definitely avoid jbod.
Each of your server is going to store 48T.
If a single disk dies, all 48Tare going to be recovered in the cluster.

I also suggest using sheepdog multi disk.
In this case, if a disk dies, 3T are going to be recovered in the cluster.

If you wish the controller takes care of a failed disk, I think raid 6
may be the choise.
You don't trigger any recover in case of a single disk failure but you
have less storage for sheepdog it self.