[sheepdog-users] Sheepdog 0.9 missing live migration feature

Walid Moghrabi walid.moghrabi at lezard-visuel.com
Mon May 11 12:08:40 CEST 2015

Hi,

Thanks for your information but I'm now building a whole new production cluster and I really need Live Migration to work.
You said you'll backport the locking patch so that it would re-enable live migration but the ProxMox "pve-sheepdog" package maintainer (packaged Sheepdog for the ProxMox distribution) didn't find the commit in the 0.9-stable branch.
I'd like to base my setup on Sheepdog as I really dislike Ceph for many reasons and this is the only no go point right now.
Would it be possible to push that commit and build a "0.9.2" ?
That would be great.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
I'd be happy to provide tests, benchmarks and whatever useful information you might want from this setup (I'll try to enable as much features as I can on this 9 nodes setup such ass SSD journaling, SSD object caching, multi-devices, Erasure Code, dedicated replication network, ...)

Best regards.