[sheepdog-users] Some question from new user

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 20:49:40 CET 2017

Hi to all.
I've looked sheepdog some years ago while it was in development stage.

Some questions:

1) is sheepdog stable and ready for production use?
2) do I need any metadata servers (like Ceph) or the only needed
servers are the storage ones (like Gluster) ?
3) can I use multiple disks in a server, or each server should
"expose" a single filesystem (thus, I have to use RAID)
4) is RAID suggested ? I prefere to use some JBOD
5) is possible to expose a POSIX filesystem stored on sheepdog?
6) how to use S3 API ?
7) any "scrub" feature to be sure that all object a replicated
properly and not subject to "bit-rot" ?

Thank you