[sheepdog-users] Add a new node

Cristian Del Carlo cristian.delcarlo at targetsolutions.it
Wed Mar 7 16:23:49 CET 2018

Hi,

I have a cluster with 3 nodes.
All nodes are installed with centos 7.X, zookeeper 3.4.6 e sheepdog 1.0.1.
The cluster is in production so I would like to be sure of the operations
to be done.

I need to add the 4° node. I have several doubts about which I would like
some advice:

   1. What are the steps to do?
   2. Do I need to switch off the cluster ?
   3. Zookeeper is installed on 3 nodes, I need its installation also on
   the 4° node?
   4. When I created the cluster I specified --copies 2, with the 4° node i
   would like to change with --copies 3. Is it possibile?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

*Cristian Del Carlo*