[Sheepdog] Sheepdog client library

MORITA Kazutaka morita.kazutaka at lab.ntt.co.jp
Sat Dec 5 13:42:42 CET 2009

On 12/04/2009 10:22 PM, Chris Webb wrote:
> I wonder how expensive it actually is to take and release the lock now?
> Potentially it could already be quite cheap if corosync performs well and
> given that dog is now in C...

According to a corosync document, we can take 30,000 locks per second
though it depends on the number of nodes, machine spec, etc.
ftp://openais.org/presentations/inside-cpg.pdf

I think locking performance is not a problem because we take a lock
only when first opening VDI.

>> I wonder whether sheepdog would be more easier to administrate.
>
> An additional concern is how painful it can be to get patches into qemu
> nowadays, given the size of the project, especially getting them backported
> to the various stable trees. I imagine the sheepdog client protocol and
> feature-set will be faster moving than qemu's block interface, at least in
> the short term.

Okay, providing libsheepdog looks meaningful.
I'll start considering what libsheepdog should export.

Thanks,

MORITA Kazutaka