[Sheepdog] Node listing size incorrectly on x86 host

Haven haven at thehavennet.org.uk
Tue Apr 5 16:43:04 CEST 2011

Hi, turning into a busy day for me on here.

I'm mostly running sheepdog on x86_64 nodes but I have a single node
that its 32 bit x86 and its the only one of my nodes that is
displaying the incorrect node size.

The sheepdog node is mounted as /var/lib/sheepdog and is an LVM
volume (ext4):

> # df -h /var/lib/sheepdog
> /dev/mapper/vol-sheepdog
>                       788G  197M  748G   1% /var/lib/sheepdog
collie node info is reporting this node as 3.3GB rather than 788GB -
co-incidentally 3.3GB is the size of the "/" partition:
> Id      Size    Used    Use%
>  3      3.3 GB  0.0 MB    0%

I can see that sheepdog is mounting the right location:
> 21773 ?        Ss     0:00 sheep -p 7000 /var/lib/sheepdog
> 21774 ?        Ssl    0:00 sheep -p 7000 /var/lib/sheepdog
The underlying "/" filesystem size shows where this number is coming
from (I assume):
> df -h /
> /dev/sda1             4.6G  994M  3.4G  23% /

Its possible I've done something daft but if so I cannot spot what
it is. Sheepdog was started up after the mount point was in place,
as was corosync. I have resized the lvm partition but only whilst
all the daemons were down.

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Simon