[Sheepdog] Drive Failure

Greg Zapp greg.zapp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 03:17:33 CEST 2011

I have sheepdog running on two nodes.  The sheepdog store is a single drive
separate from the OS drive.  I'm running an ubuntu VM on node A.  If I force
unmount the store, the VM craps itself.  Shouldn't sheepdog be able to
gracefully handle a drive failure or unmounted file system?

Update:

In order to bring the VM up on node B, I had to kill sheep on node A.
However, when I remounted the drive and brought sheep back up on node A it
ruined everything.  I shut down sheep on node A and cleared the store
directory then brought it back up.  After it synced I was still unable to
boot the VM on node A or node B.  It's hosed.