[Sheepdog] some questions about sheepdog

Frank Matthieß f4m8at at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 5 11:07:44 CEST 2011

Hello all,

[Frank Doege, Donnerstag 04 August 2011 11:06]:
> At first, this really looks like a great project and I feel also that
> its very alive, so I am planning to do a test installation of
> sheepdog storage backed KVM

I get my first advice to sheepdog from the feature announcement of
fedora 16 and take a closer look. The available information on the
projecthomepage reads very promising.

So i have two questions, which i'm not answerd by reading the docs:

1) You only mention x64-64 systems. Is there a technical oder other
   important reason to run only in 64bit environment? I have build it
   on an debian squeeze 32bit system, but had actually not run this
   binaries.

2) Is s simple two-node mirror-like cluster possible with sheepdog?
   If not, why is it not possible?

Frank Matthieß.
Frank Matthieß                               Mail f4m8at at googlemail.com