[Sheepdog] General info

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Thu May 19 09:40:21 CEST 2011

hi all,
i'm italian and I'm new to this really cool software
I would like to ask some basic questions:

1) as I've understood, sheepdog is a distributed storage system. So I can
Install it on arbitrary number of storage server and see them as a single
'unit' from my virtual machines. Right ?

2) is this high available? For example, if I'll create 3 server, i'll be
sure that data will be replicated and one server failure will never make
data loss?

3) example: i would like to create two KVM nodes, with 5 or 6 VM on each.
Each node will be connected to the sheepdog cluster. VM1 is created on
node1. In case of a huge splitbrain (storage1 down and node1 down) will be
possibile to restart the VM1 on the second node, taking datas from the
second server in the cluster, with no data loss?

Do you have any configuration example to share?

Thank you.