[Sheepdog] how can i mount linux host on Sheepdog device?

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Sun May 22 11:25:44 CEST 2011

2011/5/21 MORITA Kazutaka <morita.kazutaka at lab.ntt.co.jp>

> The patched version is also available at:
>  git://sheepdog.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/sheepdog/qemu iscsi
>
> See also
> https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sheepdog/wiki/General%20Protocol%20Support

If I understand correctly with this patch i'll be able to export a whole
sheepdog cluster in a single iSCSI block device and then mount it on a
different server that will run the VMs ?
Like a distributed SAN, for example:

3 sheepdog node merged in a single cluster and then exported to a single
iSCSI device.
In front of them, will be 5 debian boxes that mounts the iSCSI device and
run VM from it ?

If one debian box will die, other 4 will take care of the lost VM by running
them from the iSCSI devices archieving fault tollerance.

If one sheepdog node will die, other sheepdog will takeover it and move the
iSCSI target to an available node?