[Sheepdog] Cluster appears down but nodes report different epochs

Shawn Moore smmoore at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 16:56:51 CET 2011

> Probably, we need to add support for using different NICs for data
> I/Os and monitoring.

We currently have 4 1Gb nics bonded together using mode 4
(LACP/802.3ad).  On another note, I am still doing more testing, but
it almost looks like the TOTAL cluster speed might be limited to 1Gb
instead of up to 4Gb (I know I can't get that much in truth though,
but should be higher than 1Gb).  Does anyone have any insight into
this?  We are using enterprise grade switches with two cards (18Gb/s
fabric).

>> Shawn, did you format with -H or --nohalt option? If not, might be some
>> bug in halt path.

Yes, we need that option as we will have two zones with copies being
some even number.  So if we don't use -H and one zone goes offline,
the cluster will quit serving data.

Shawn