[Sheepdog] Next version and user documentation

David Douard david.douard at logilab.fr
Thu Apr 26 09:12:25 CEST 2012

Hi,

there has been a while since the publication of version 0.3.0. Are you
planning an official release soon? If so, will there be a
changelog/what's new documentation?

If so, there is IMHO a huge need for more documentation (as always, I
know). The README is a nice quickstart guide, but there is no real user
or admin documentation answering things like:

- how do I configure sheepdog? (and what can be configured?),
- what are the available stores? How do I choose/configure a backend
store? should I consider using farm? how?
- and most important: how do I recover from critical situations? what to
be aware of when a critical situation occurs? etc.

Following the mailing list for a little while, I've noticed that some of
the missing informations can be found in the mailing list.

So, are you planning an official release soon? And do you plan to
improve user documentation?

Thanks,

David