[sheepdog] snapshot rollback ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Aug 24 08:35:25 CEST 2012

>>If you run the following command, you can rollback the snapshot again.
>>
>>$ qemu sheepdog:image1:snap1
>>
>>I think the 'collie vdi tree' command would help you.

Thanks, But I don't understand how It can work.

If I
"I create a base vdi : image1
create a snapshot: snap1
create a snapshot: snap2
now I boot on snap1
qemu sheepdog:image1:snap1
I write datas
and now I restart the vm (so with qemu sheepdog:image1:snap1).
"
It will rollback ? But in this case It will destroy my new datas ?
In this case I don't want rollback, I just want restart the vm.

At Thu, 23 Aug 2012 17:23:31 +0200 (CEST),
Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:

> other question:
>
> I create a base vdi : image1
> create a snapshot: snap1
> create a snapshot: snap2
>
> now I boot on snap1
> qemu sheepdog:image1:snap1
>
> I write datas and make a mistake.
> how can I rollback at snap1 point of time before the mistake ?

If you run the following command, you can rollback the snapshot again.

$ qemu sheepdog:image1:snap1

I think the 'collie vdi tree' command would help you.

Alexandre D e rumier

Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseaux

Fixe : 03 20 68 88 85

Fax : 03 20 68 90 88