[sheepdog] master_idx question

icez network icez at icez.net
Fri Jul 20 08:59:11 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:

> > Mastership transfer is used for finding the node who has the latest
> > epoch,
> > and a different concept from the master node.  Probably, we should
> > change
> > the name.
>
> And maybe we can modify 'collie node list', and display what nodes have
> latest epoch (or simply display node epoch)?

Sheepdog cluster, by default, have all the same epoch on every node
for the running cluster. So it won't need to list the epoch on each
node. Just use 'collie cluster info' and you'll see nodes for each
epoch.

Also the problem that will cause the mastership transfer is only when
the cluster crash so some node have more epoch than other. As far as
I've tested I cannot find any problem with this case even in the
network partition problem. (some node leave due to network problem but
it's running so the epoch is bumped up).

> - Dietmar
>
> --

Personal hosting by icez network
http://www.thzhost.com