[Sheepdog] PATCH S005: Improve type safety in node_cmp calls

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Thu May 3 04:25:07 CEST 2012

On 05/03/2012 05:56 AM, Shevek wrote:

> This makes calls to node_cmp() == 0 typesafe under C99.
>
> I wanted to write this for a while. Now I finally did it.
>
> S.

I'd suggest we'd better directly code node_cmp() typesafe rather than
write a wrapper on top of it. I like the idea let node_cmp() return 1
for equality to eliminate '== 0', so I'd suggest a name as node_equal(),
which returns 1 for equality.

As other commented, you'd better use git format to generate the patch
and mail it as the text body.

Remind you that for the attachment style patch, there isn't 'From' line,
so we need manually add 'From: Shevek <shevek at anarres.org>' every time
before apply your patch to credit you.

Thanks,
Yuan