[sheepdog] Call to sd_truncate()

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 11:43:52 CET 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 11:36:06AM +0100, Hadrien KOHL wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks, that's interesting. I don't have any component I can think of that
> does this though.
> Could it be possible that the kernel/filesystem of the host is doing it on
> it's own?

IMO only 'qemu-img resize'(probably libvirt has similar function) and
'dog vdi resize' can resize the volume.

But any higher component in QEMU might call .bdrv_truncate() too, which is out
of my cscope. I'd suggest you ask the qemu list that anyone else execept
'qemu-img resize' would call .bdrv_truncate() while VM is running.

Thanks
Yuan