[sheepdog] Call to sd_truncate()

Hadrien KOHL hadrien.kohl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 14:10:19 CET 2013

Well, this is a be unclear to me. On the
wiki<https://github.com/sheepdog/sheepdog/wiki/Getting-Started#create-a-vm-image>
it
says that to enjoy the qcow2 feature I have to create it using the -f qcow2
switch.
Basically, I want to use copy on write and snapshot features, and I assumed
I needed the cow2 format to do so. I couldn't find any clear explanation on
how integrated is sheepdog with qcow2, or how the snapshot/cloning works
with and without the cow2 format.

I am going to try without cow2 format.