[sheepdog] [libvirt] [Libvirt][Sheepdog]Sheepdog pool/volume storage driver for libvirt problem

harryxiyou harryxiyou at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 02:59:52 CET 2013

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 1:18 AM, Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com> wrote:
[...]
> Libvirt exists to manage existing hypervisor capabilities.  It makes no
> sense for libvirt to be able to create storage volumes for a new
> protocol if there are no hypervisors that are also able to support that
> storage format.  So until qemu can target your new storage protocol, it
> doesn't make sense to have libvirt support it either.

Thanks, i see. Eric, if you have free time, could you please give me some
suggestions about following qestions, thanks in advance ;-)

Morita added network disk support for Libvirt, which supported
nbd, rbd, sheepdog, and other protocols. Now, i wanna test
network disk support for sheepdog solely. I have following questions.

1, Before this test, whether should i build the environment of sheepdog
    or other projects (QEMU)?

2,  How could i test network disk support of sheepdog in Libvirt? Which
     steps should i do for it?

3, Network disk support can support online storage management, right?

--
Thanks
Harry Wei