[sheepdog] Could cluster-wide snapshot be restored into different cluster with different number nodes?

朱波 402017647 at qq.com
Mon Sep 22 07:36:32 CEST 2014

Hi, folks
   I'm a new sheepdog user, I have run sheepdog on 15 sheepdog nodes. And do cluster-wide snapshot for this cluster.
Recently, I restored the snapshot into a new cluster with 7 nodes. But it failed. the command "dog vdi list" would show me some object can't be found. And currently we don't have more nodes and time to verify whether it would be successful when restore it into a new cluster with 15 sheepdog nodes.

So I have two questions want to check with you guru:
1. Could cluster-wide snapshot be restored  into different  cluster with different number node?‍
2. If one cluster-wide snapshot is failed(after restored,  "dog vdi list" will show some object can't be found), would another new cluster-wide snapshot based on the failed one be successful? in other words, the first tag of cluster-wide snapshot is failed, can the second tag be successful? Are they independent?‍

Anybody can help me? Any response will be appreciated.‍

Thanks & Regards
Ivan