[sheepdog] [sheepdog/sheepdog] 43eacc: Upgrade ISA-L erasure code to support AVX/AVX2 ins...

Marcin Mirosław marcin at mejor.pl
Mon Aug 31 11:56:15 CEST 2015

W dniu 30.08.2015 o 05:41, Hitoshi Mitake pisze:
>   Branch: refs/heads/master
>   Home:   https://github.com/sheepdog/sheepdog
>   Commit: 43eacc5372d6bf0373c6422b36643d8b7b7f84bc
>       https://github.com/sheepdog/sheepdog/commit/43eacc5372d6bf0373c6422b36643d8b7b7f84bc
>   Author: hongzhou zhang <hongzhou.h.zhang at intel.com>
>   Date:   2015-08-29 (Sat, 29 Aug 2015)

Hi!
It looks tha isa-l was upgraded using upstream code. But it's unknown
from which version to which version. Not all files from upstream was
included (e.g. Release_notes_opensrc.txt).
I think this is making additional work to manage bundled code. So maybe
it should be rethink if this is good way to bundle less popular
libraries to sheepdog?

Regards,
Marcin

Now I noticed that this commit was made by person from intel.com. Does
it mean that upstream commited directly to sheepdog code? Maybe it
should be created package for everyone-use-debian distribution and
unbundle code from sheepdog?:)