[sheepdog] implement "prefix" in swift api

Jason Kiebzak jkiebzak at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 15:17:01 CET 2015

Wondering if you had any thoughts on this? Do you think it'd be possible?

My use would be for listing files that belong to a "sub folder" like
structure. For instance, if i PUT files like this:
http://156.145.15.155/v1/jason/cd/linxu/debian.iso
http://156.145.15.155/v1/jason/cd/linux/ubuntu.iso

then later I want to list everything that is "under" linux:
GET http://156.145.15.155/v1/jason/cd/linux/

Currently. I cannot seem to get it to work. With SWIFT, I'd use the
"prefix" command.

This would become necessary once I have millions of files in the file
store. For every look up, it'd become very compute intensive to filter
through millions of files looking for a match.

Let me know
Jason